For Yii2 you should have a version of PHP 5.4 or higher.
Preparing to install Yii2 advanced
The next steps are done once before the first installation of the project on Yii2.
If you first install the project on Yii 2, then first you need to create a token on github. How to do this is described here: кодер.укр/записи/yii-framework-2-как-я-устанавливал-yii2 at the beginning of the article, after adding the token, go back.
Next, execute the command in the console:
composer global require "fxp/composer-asset-plugin:~1.0.3"
Installing Yii2 advanced
1. Open the console and go to the folder of projects:
2. Next, run the command:
composer create-project --prefer-dist yiisoft/yii2-app-advanced my-project-name.local
Where my-project-name.local is the folder where you want to install Yii 2.
3. Wait until everything is installed, after which move to the project folder and initialize the project, with next commands:
cd my-project-name.local php init
4. Select Development (0), for this we press 0, confirm our choice, enter y press Enter and wait until the initialization takes place.
5. Next, create a database for the project.
6. Configuring a database connection in a file /my-project-name.local/common/config/main-local.php:
'db' => [ 'class' => 'yii\db\Connection', 'dsn' => 'mysql:host=localhost;dbname=yourDBName', 'username' => 'root', 'password' => '', 'charset' => 'utf8', ],
7. Run the migration:
That's all, the project is ready to work.
Article source: кодер.укр/записи/как-установить-yii-2-advanced-краткая-инструкция.